Monday, September 10, 2007

First Entry

Konnichiwa minasan! My name is アリス.私はだいがくのにねんせいです. I placed out of the College's language requirement with my Latin AP from high school and convinced myself never to take a language again. Why take six classes in the exact same subject when I could be taking six completely different theatre or psychology classes (my two expected majors) instead?

But then, two months ago, in the throes of summer boredom, I returned to a love I had a long abandoned: anime. Yes, I admit it, I am mainly taking Japanese because I am an otaku. Since I was kind of indirectly immersing myself in the Japanese language every day, I figured, why not give it a serious shot when I get back to school? I mean, the only other "foreign" language I know has been confined to the realm of overblown academics for the last millennium, so it can't hurt to learn a language that will actually be useful. Not to mention that I have a really incredible ability to memorize information, and I wanted to try putting it to use for something besides learning lines for a play.

Well, that's about all for today. I'm really excited for the rest of the semester YaY!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

こんにちは。

Which anime do you like? Have you seen "Death Note"?

Julio said...

こんにちわ Alice さん。We're in a blog group according to an email I got. I look forward to reading your future posts!
Do you read Manga too?

Minkailu said...

konbanwa. first and foremost, let me say that i feel like a pretty sad person blogging at 1 in the morning.

with that said, if anime is your thing my personal favorites are "Cowboy Bebop" and "Samurai Champloo", both of which are done by Shinichiro Watanabe I believe. A lot of people know them, i think they were on american tv at some point. either way, samurai champloo is definitely one of the better anime series ive ever seen. check it out. peace.

Yan said...

こんにちわ、わたぃわ Yan です。
どぞよるぃく。